In this lesson, we will tell you how to create an advertising post on Telegram and encourage readers to do action: subscribe to your Telegram channel or go to your site.
As you remember, an advertising post is made up of three parts: text, image, and link.
Advertising text is also made of three parts: Heading, Main body, and Call to action.
Heading attracts the reader first. It should hook the reader.
- You can ask the reader a question: “How to make money in crypto You can ask the reader a question. "How to make money with cryptocurrency in 2022?" or "Why should you promote your channel in Telegram?"
- You can make a big statement. "Target audience reach on Telegram is cheaper than on Instagram" or "Dogs are better than cats!"
- You can begin with a personal opinion of the blog author. But in this case, you will need to arrange a native advertising post with the channel owner.
Try to make the headline bold or add emoji.
You need to explain your product's benefits in this part. Try to understand what your reader would like to know. Avoid complex sentences and adverbial phrases. Taking care of the reader will help make the text better and win the client over.
The maximum number of characters you can use in a text message:
- 1024 characters, if your post contains an image at the start of the text.
- 4096 characters, if your post does not contain an image or image is in preview below the text.
Novice copywriters are advised to read the book "Copywriter's Guide: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing A Selling Copy" by Bob Bly. This book is suitable for those who are just starting their way in writing posts.
Call to action
The final part of the text. Here you encourage the reader to go to your channel, site or landing. It should be short and clear but without excessive pressure. You should place a link to the product in the end.
If you are new to writing or don't know where your inspiration is:
- Use hotkeys. Telegram has a number of convenient hotkeys for you. We won’t mention ctrl+c/ctrl+v:
- "Ctrl+b" - Bold font
- "Ctrl+I" - italic font
- "Ctrl+U" - underline text
- "Ctrl+k" - add link
- "Ctrl+Shift+P" - hidden message.
- Make use of selling text. We are sure that you have already heard about the popular AIDA model. Following a clear algorithm will help you write quality advertising posts quickly.
- Use Telemetr.io to spy on your category competitors and see their ad posts.
Visual design will help you improve the reader's perception of your post. The image should be informative and emphasize your style. Don't overload the image with text.
Advertising posts can have either one image or one gif with a size of no more than 5 MB. Channel owners don't welcome more visuals.
The picture can be attached both above and below the text.
If you are new to visual design and want to create visuals yourself, consider these services:
Their interface is clean so they are a good choice for newbies. One can also find a lot of free designs in these apps, and remake them for any requirements.
We highly advise against images from the search. Find images in photo stock if you really can't do without searching. Unsplash for example.
You can put more than one link in your advertising post. But keep your text volume in mind: if your post has less than 200 characters - one link is enough. If you have more, then you may want to put 2-3 links in different parts of the text. You can:
- fuse your links with the text like this — Welcome to the catalog
- add 'naked' links like this — Go to the catalog: https://telega.io/catalog
- add links as reactions below the post (but some channel owners may be unable to implement this)
Don't forget to add UTM-tags to your links if you advertise an external source. It will help you track analytics.
Use Invite Link if you advertise a Telegram channel. It will enable efficient subscriber tracking with every channel or bot.
We will tell you more about links in the next lesson.
New advertising formats in 2022
In addition to text posts, new formats are getting popular. These are video messages and audio messages. Let's take a look at both formats.
You can choose those Telegram influencers who post their video messages periodically. You can offer them a native advertising campaign, and it won't be text-based this time but based on video messages. Prepare a script that the influencer will take into work.
This integration may also contain an active link in the video's message.
I watched a new TV series yesterday [the plot]. I want to discuss it with you in the comments. Use promo code [XXXX] to watch it tonight at [Name]. Promocode will be in the next message.
Select several Telegram channels just like we told you in the previous lesson. Compose text for voice message. It is important to specify that the channel author pronounces the Name of your service. In addition to the audio message, you need to specify a link to your service in the comments.
Complete a short quiz to remember the main points of the lesson. It will help you prepare for the certification test.
In the next lesson, you will learn how to create an effective advertising post.